When I started with Mentor , it was stagnating in terms of profits and turnover due to tough competition in the lower spectrum of the market which is over-run by local manufacturers.
Therefore, I implemented a business model which was geared towards customer support rather than straight forward catalogue sales.
A few years after its incorporation in China, the company needed to consolidate growth through systems and processes whilst effectively creating enough capacity to focus on sales & support.
The growth was created by only a few key staff, the company had no ERP system and worked on local spread sheets. Due to the rapid growth of the company in its first years of operation, the Accounting was not aligned to Chinese GAAP and/or IFRS and ISO9001 conformity was not given.
|Report to:||Board of Directors|
|Staff Responsibility:||40 Staff (Sales, Production, Purchasing, Logistics, Accounting, Admin)|
|Budget Responsibility:||~ 1.95 Mio. €|
|Products:||LED Arrays, Light guides, Mechanical Switches, Signal Lights, Capacitive Keyboards, Sensors, Handles|
|Sales Markets:||China, India, Thailand|
|Production/Procurement:||Germany, Tunisia, China|
- General Management of daily operation incl. Production, Sales and Purchasing Department
- Restructuring of Sales Department
- Improve Communication flow between the Headquarters in Germany and local representation
- Implementation of an ERP System incl. Finance-, Project Management, Human Resource, general Workflow, Production and CRM Application
- Strengthen Customer base within automotive industry, especially TIER 2 Suppliers such as Delphi, TRW, Valeo, FICOSA
- Increase of the Companies Revenue with stable EBIT of at least 10%
- revenue increase of 23.5% and increased EBIT
- Managed to turn the Company from a standard component supplier into a special component provider within the Telecommunication, Transportation and Automotive Industry
- Implemented Chinese Marketing Tools in order to present the Company better on sales pitches, exhibitions and customer visits.
- Restructured Sales Department and improved performance
- Reduction of administration costs and improvement of staffs efficiency by approx. 45%
If you wish to receive more information about this and other assignments, simply contact me…